In response to the current difficult times, in light of the Covid-19 pandemic, award-winning South West law firm, Solicitors Title, will be launching a Business Support Hub, to provide comprehensive information for businesses during and beyond the current crisis.
Head of our corporate practice Richard James explained the initiative: “Having had many conversations over the last few days and with the rapidly changing situation for businesses, we recognised the need for the Business Support Hub, to help business owners navigate the risks, understand latest developments and to identify opportunities; for example, we have been impressed as we have watched the many businesses up and down the UK rapidly deploy an online offering, as a result of their traditional business model being impacted.”
Some will know that we had a bigger project in the making, along similar lines before the Covid-19 outbreak, as announced at our Solicitors Title’s 21st birthday celebration last year and therefore the Business Support Hub will act as a trial for the much bigger business support package that we have in preparation.
We will announce when the Business Support Hub is available and, of course, the resources and information will be entirely free. In the meantime, please see our guidance to businesses, via our Business Perspective in light of Covid-19 article.
As the Prime Minister has said, we have not known a situation like this in peacetime. Our objectives, like with many other businesses, are to ensure the safely and wellbeing of our staff, to support our clients and to ensure, as much as we can, that any disruption to the availability of our services is minimised. We have therefore considered whether we can deliver services in a more novel way, if the need arises or in particular cases and we are keeping this under review.
Our offices are open and we will aim to ensure minimal disruption to our service levels, but please bear in mind that all businesses are having to manage this fast-moving situation, keeping developments and how they respond to those developments under constant review. However, for our clients, referrers and contacts, we can confirm the following:
- We have full remote working capability and a secure IT infrastructure, meaning that we can continue to operate even if our offices needed to close (at present, all of our offices are open as usual)
- Our compliance team have reviewed critical deadlines and areas of work that cannot be disrupted, if at all possible, to ensure continuity in these respects
- We have considered any risks to our business and are taking steps to mitigate these
- We have deployed updated guidance on hand washing and good hygiene and are taking practical steps to avoid unnecessary contact (for example shaking hands) and this is ongoing
- We have already moved some meetings to alternative methods of communication; for example, phone, video conferencing/Zoom/Skype
This situation may inevitably lead to consideration of advice that businesses and others need or to look at putting various things in place -we will be publishing some outline thought of things to consider, from a business perspective, later on today. For the moment, and as always, please do get in touch with your usual contact at Solicitors Title, to see what we can do to help.
The Partners and staff at Solicitors Title